- Users are requested to enter their name and sign in the register at the entrance counter before entering IRC.
- Registration for membership is mandatory prior to using the IRC resource.
- Textbooks, printed materials and issued books are prohibited inside the IRC.
- Personal belongings are not allowed inside the IRC.
- Property cabins are available for users. Do not leave your belonging unattended.
- Students are allowed to IRC only on production of their authorized / valid cards. IRC borrower cards are not transferrable.
- Borrowers must show the books or other materials to the staff at the entrance counter while being taken away.
- Books will be issued on presentation of IRC cards / Smart cards. Students are instructed check the books while borrowing and will be taken responsible for any damage or mutilation noticed at the time of return.
- IRC may recall any book from any member at any time and the member shall return the same immediately.
- Lending and returning the resources during break and class routine only.
- Charging desks close 30 minutes prior to the closing of the building and requested to visit IRC the same.
- Members are required to handle the Books / Journals very carefully; making with the pencil, writing or highlighting, arm resting, tearing the pages, scratching or mutilating the same in any other way will be treated seriously.
C. Behaviour in IRC
- All the visitor are required to maintain silence.
- No discussion is permitted inside the IRC.
- Refreshment of any kind shall not be taken anywhere in the IRC.
D. Fines and Penalties
- Fine will be charged @ Nrs. 10 per day per book from the due date till the book is returned to the IRC.
- Borrowing privileges are suspended if a recalled item is not returned by the recall due date. In addition, a Nrs. 20 per day per item fine is assessed to all student borrowers.
- If the books are damaged or lost, the borrowers shall replace books of the latest edition or pay double cost of the book after getting permission from the IRC.
E. Information Technology (IT) Policy
- Using cellular phones and audio instruments with or without speaker is strictly prohibited in the IRC premises. However, headset is acceptable only for audio-visual learning, if needed.
- Computers are used for academic purpose only. Unnecessary web surfing and defaulters are strictly prohibited.
F. Issuing Books
Teachers : 3 Books at a time for 30 days only
Students : 2 Books at a time for 14 days only
Staffs : 1 Books at a time for 7 days only
Books may be remaining for 7 days only, unless another borrower has requested the item.
Borrowers are requested to use circulation counter only, checking out and checking in the books.
G. IRC Membership Card
- Students’ college ID card is valid for IRC membership.
- Students must maintain IRC card carefully.
- IRC cards are valid for the respective academic year only and fresh cards will be issued each year.
H. Opening Hours
Sunday to Friday : 6:30 AM to 5:30 PM
During Examination : 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM
I. Other Rules
- IRC will provide no dues certificate from the IRC after returning all the books issued, surrendering the borrowers’ cards and after paying outstanding dues, if any.
- Reference book and disks like: encyclopedia, dictionary, textbooks, CD/ DVD, etc. which are available for reference. Users can make use of these resources within the IRC premises only.
- Scientific journals, general magazines and newsletters are available in the IRC which are arranged alphabetically. The latest issues are displayed on display on rack and other previous issues are arranged in the drawer and are meant only for reference within the IRC.
- IRC members found interrupting the above rules and regulations will be restricted from using the IRC in future.
- IRC authority to make change in the rules and decide either way to solve problems.